Share | 

Name That Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mordecai
Mordecai

Coins : 92

PostSubject: Name That Book   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm not sure this belongs in here, so you can delete this, Annie. This is just something done by my school district that I wanted to share.

People from the Library Services pick 30 books for K-2, and 35 different books for 3-6, Middle School, and High School. Schools that sign up pick 7 people and send them to the competition. Each team 6 team members and 1 alternate. Out of the 6 people, 1 is chosen to be a captain. The alternate steps in when someone can't come. Anyway, at the competition, there are groups of chairs that the team sits in. There are judges that call out the things.

In K-2, there are plot based questions, like if there is a clock in the backround that reads, "12:00" an example of a question is "The clock reads 12:00." Each team is given something like a binder, but without the cover. In it are the covers of the 30 books. After the question is read, the team goes into the huddle and is given 1 minuteto disscuss the answer. the captain flips through the binder to the right cover, and when when the judges say," Team captains stand and reveal your answers", the captain stands up and shows the book cover. This will go on for 5 rounds, with 5 questions in each round.

In 3-6, Middle School, and High School, it's pretty much the same, but direct quotes are pulled from the book. If there is a sentece in the book that says,"We saw the birds fly past." that could be used for the competiton. Instead of a binder with all the book covers, each team is given a white board and a marker. After the quote is read, they go into a huddle, but someone called the "scribe" writes the book name on the white board. They get 45 seconds to get the answer. After that, it like the K-2 competition. The captains stand up and show their answers.

First there are the preliminaries. The team that gets the most answers correct gets a trophiexs and gets to advance to the finals. Every participant receives a medal. At the final, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team get trophies and the 1st place team gets the "Traveling Trophy". That's pretty much what Name that Book is like. If you want to see the reading lists and stuff visit: http://www.hisdlibraryservices.org/Name_that_book_menu.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coconut
THE POWER!
THE POWER!

Coins : 1722

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:59 am

Something told me this was not gonna work...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordecai
Mordecai

Coins : 92

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

I knew it was a bad idea too, but sice you're an admin, can't you just delete this topic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coconut
THE POWER!
THE POWER!

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm

I could, but Annie might have an opinion on it, so...yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusundree
Benson

Coins : 96

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Well, in the case that it was originally posted, maybe it wouldn't work... But if we simplified it, and changed it around a little bit... We could make it a game called "Name that Episode"!

We can post random quotes from a random TRS episode and see who could name it first ^^

Sorry lol... It just kinda came to my head after I read it. Heh. Heh heh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coconut
THE POWER!
THE POWER!

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Not a bad idea, if you want to make the topic you can. But please, try to stay on topic. It makes admins lives easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusundree
Benson

Coins : 96

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Aahhhh, sorry!!

Lol now I can't sleep at night knowing that the admins' lives have been made harder D:

Sorry Coconut<3 won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name That Book   

Back to top Go down

Name That Book
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1